Mostly. The only time this sentiment is untrue is with dogs. Big dogs are better.
Okay, maybe tiny things aren’t always better, but when it comes to food… they usually are.
Cupcakes > Cake
Mini quiches > Regular quiches
Chicken fingers > Chicken breast
They taste better. They’re more fun. There’s less clean-up. You have an excuse to lick your fingers. The tiny serving size means you don’t have to share. And usually, they mean less calories. (That last one might be a stretch.)
Enter: Tiny Pizzas! This is a really fun, fast meal that you can make with ingredients you have on-hand. It’s great for busy work nights or lazy Saturdays. We make ours on pocket-less Pitas, which provide just enough crust, with enough density to support allllll that cheesy, saucy, vegetably goodness. Load it up! If your pita can’t support it, you can use a fork. I won’t tell the other tiny foods you needed a hand with this one.
- Enough pitas for each person to have (at least) one. I use whole wheat.
- Marinara or pizza sauce – you can go home made here, but for a quick meal I use store bought
- Mozzarella cheese
- Bleu Cheese
- Feta Cheese (are you catching on? CHEEEEESE!)
- Green pepper
- Turkey sausage
- Whatever you want! Tiny pizza doesn’t discriminate.
What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of sauce on each pita.
- Load up with toppings!
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melty, about 10-15 minutes.
- Switch your oven from bake to broil (high) and broil for 2-4 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Cut into quarters and enjoy!