Today is Dan’s last day at his job. The only job he has had since he was in intern at the same company over seven years ago.
Because I am a (self-proclaimed) awesome fiancee, when Dan asked if I would be willing to make one last tasty treat for the guys in the office, I couldn’t say no. After all, how on earth are they going to survive without
my delicious treats? Dan’s expertise?
So, the office is probably currently feasting on my delectable Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies (recipe slightly adapted from Pip & Ebby), and I want to share their experience with you with pictures and words, since you can’t taste it yourself. Unless you work at Dan’s office. Then you are a lucky bastard.
While you’re feasting your eyes on these bad boys, can you help me with something? I have an opinion/favor to ask of anyone who reads this little bloggy blog. You see, I love writing about my life, however I sort of get that my day-to-day experiences may not be super riveting to anyone else. It sometimes feels like my blog lacks a focal point. I mean, it’s not a “wellness” or “healthy living” or “food” or even “wedding” blog. It’s all of those things, depending on what’s going on in my life. As a reader, do you prefer to read blogs with one focal area? I’m hesitant to put myself in a box and label myself as any one sort of blogger, because I love writing about all things. That said though, I do want to keep people entertained and coming back! So tell me, even if I don’t pick one thing to write about everysingleday, what do you like to hear about most?
- Wedding updates
- Goal updates
- Jameson 🙂
I will pick a random comment and send you cookies 🙂
Now, onto the good stuff:
Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies (recipe from Pip & Ebby)
What You Need:
- 19.5-oz box of chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 8-ox package of softened cream cheese
- 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2-cup of creamy peanut butter
- 12-oz package of Reese’s Pieces candies
- 12-oz bag of milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (or half and half or milk)
- 12 large Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. (I use an olive oil & water mixture in my Misto.)
- Prepare your favorite packaged brownie mix according to package directions. Spread batter in pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese with a hand-held mixer until fluffy.
- Add in your sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter and beat until smooth.
- Stir in Reese’s Pieces candies.
- Spoon peanut butter mixture over the brownie batter and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cheesecake layer is set and the edges are golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and whipping cream to a small microwaveable bowl or double boiler. The idea here is to melt the chocolate chips (without burning them). In the microwave, I usually do about 30 second increments, stirring each time until smooth.
- Spread over the cheesecake layer. Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups over the top. Store covered in the refrigerator.