Let’s talk about bandwagons for a minute. Do you jump on them? Stay off? I’m undecided. Some bandwagons are awesome and you should totally climb aboard. (Hunger Games anyone?!) Others, like quinoa, I keep trying to get on board with, and I just can’t. Maybe I’m just not making it right, but every time I try it it’s just… meh. I don’t hate it, but it would never be my first choice.
Blah blah blah healthy grains blah blah blah. I’ll keep trying it, but for now? Not my go-to. Anyway, for those of you who are totally on board with the whole quinoa thing, here’s my turkey bacon and cheese quinoa cups. (I have about 10 left if anyone wants one…)
This recipe originally brought to you by Iowa Girl Eats.
What You Need:
Ingredients (makes 12 cups)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 seeded and diced jalepeno
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Liberally spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray and spoon mixture to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes in the tin before eating. Do not underbake or they won’t come out of the pan. (I did… not pretty).
In true Lara fashion, I didn’t take any pictures of the finished product. Whoops.